Things to do in College Station
Aloft College Station is located in the heart of the city, and just minutes from our neighboring city, Bryan, TX. In addition to the University and football, there are many things to do in College Station during your visit.
Explore a list of our favorites:
- Texas A&M University - Explore College Station's largest attraction, and the biggest university in all of Texas. You can watch the Corps of Cadets march through campus, or attend one of the many events, concerts, or lectures.
- Dixie Chicken Bar- A local favorite, this bar is directly across the street from Texas A&M and is home to many traditions, including the 'Ring Dunk', and is said to serve the most beer per square foot in the US. Be sure and watch out for the live rattlesnake who calls it home!
- D.A. Anderson Arboretum - Step into nature on this sprawling 17-acre trail system, which boasts native Texas plants, flowers, and trees.
- Kyle Field - Cheer on the Aggies football team each fall with over 100,000 of your closest friends. Enjoy the full game day experience when you stay at Aloft College Station, located close to the stadium.
- George Bush Presidential Library - One of the 13 presidential libraries across the United States, this museum and library holds artifacts related to the elder President Bush's presidency, which was 1989 until 1993.
- Bonfire Memorial - Since 1907, students at Texas A&M would build a massive bonfire made from logs stacked on logs. This tradition continued until tragedy struck in 1999, when the bonfire collapsed, killing 12 students. A memorial was erected on campus to commemorate these Aggies.
- Texas World Speedway - This superspeedway is two miles long and is used for amateur racing. The fastest lap recorded was 218 MPH. The speedway will remain open until January 2016, at which time it will close permanently.
- Museum of the American G.I. - This museum honors America's servicemen through live re-enactments, displays, and film.